Pay Rate: £12.56 per hour
Working Hours: to be agreed
Location: Hackney, London
Triangle – Stroke Project provides long-term support to stroke survivors and their families in the community – Hackney and City. We offer different services to our clients, from 1:1 support at client’s home to group activities and exercise classes.
As a Project Worker you will be working in the best interest of the Stroke Survivor as a named person, supporting and coordinating community services from hospital discharge, acting as an advocate and ensuring all services and support are provided. The primary objective is to work towards optimising the stroke survivor’s independence, enhance their potential and promote community integration.
As a community enabler you will also be required to build strong working relationships with local services and other professional organisations.
• Good level of education and willingness to undertake training and continuing professional development.
• The ability to develop good working relationships and communicate effectively with a range of people.
• Experience of working with stroke survivors/ older people/ people with disabilities in an enabling way.
• The ability to encourage and motivate people to be a pro-active member of their community by promoting their independence and self-help skills.
• Knowledge of stroke, associated risk factors and stroke prevention.
• A person centred approach of care and a wish to improve the health and well-being of people.
• Awareness and commitment to equal opportunities
• Understanding of the importance of monitoring and evaluation.
• Ability to deliver presentations
• Ability to use initiative and work without onsite supervision.
• Team worker
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• IT literate (word, excel etc)
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates offered employment will be subject to compulsory screening checks; this will include employment references and an Enhanced DBS check.
For further information see the below attachment or for a chat about the role contact the team on 02070 172831
If you have not had a response from Triangle Community Services within 2 weeks of submitting your CV/application you may assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.